This sweet and nutty turkey salad is what all the cool kids are putting between those bread slices the day after Thanksgiving. I actually like this better than roast bird.
This recipe first appeared on altonbrown.com.
- 1 pound roasted turkey meat, cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix. Move mixture to a large airtight container and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yields: Approximately 4 servings
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes