You really don’t need an excuse to make guacamole. It doesn’t matter if it’s National Guacamole Day — or if you’re watching Sunday football with friends and family. Guac is guac. I can’t speak for you, but rarely do I find myself with any leftover. But just in case you do, here are eight ways to use it up.
First you need my guacamole recipe.
1. Turn leftover guacamole into a vinaigrette: Whisk two parts guacamole with one part olive oil (or avocado oil) and one part sherry vinegar. You don’t have to worry about the guacamole turning brown because of the acid.
2. Beat guacamole into cooked egg yolks for a new take on deviled eggs. Sprinkle on chili powder or smoked paprika.
3. Top your burger with guacamole (or smear it under the burger to prevent a soggy bun … nobody likes a soggy bun).
4. Add to a baked potato: two parts guacamole to one part sour cream.
5. Substitute guacamole in my Sherried Sardine Toast recipe.
6. Top a bowl of chili with guacamole.
7. Use guacamole as a replacement for mayo in chicken salad.
8. Use instead of milk on breakfast cereal (just wanted to see if you were paying attention).