This is my favorite tofu trick. I’ve served this pie to dozens of unsuspecting dessert lovers and not one has ever suspected the curd within.
MOO-LESS CHOCOLATE PIE
Write a review
- 13 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound silken tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 9-inch prepared chocolate wafer crust (store-bought is fine)
- Place enough water in the bottom of a 4-quart saucepan to come 1 inch up the sides. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the liqueur and vanilla in a medium metal bowl set over the simmering water, stirring often with a rubber or silicone spatula. (Although vanilla extract is often added at the very end of cooking, the melting chocolate will never get hot enough to damage the delicate sensibilities.)
- Combine the tofu, honey and chocolate mixture in a blender or food processor and spin until smooth ( about 1 minute).
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling sets firm.
ALTON BROWN http://altonbrown.com/