Homemade guacamole: Definitive, straight-forward and iconic. And oh yeah, damn tasty.
Write a review
- 3 medium ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted (peel removed)
- 1 tablespoons lime juice from 1 medium lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- Place the avocado pulp and lime juice in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the salt, cumin and cayenne and mash using a potato masher, leaving some larger chunks for texture. Add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno and stir to combine. Lay plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
ALTON BROWN http://altonbrown.com/