I opened my fridge, took out everything that was green and blended it up. Pretty good I must say. I make one of these at the beginning of the week — pour myself one serving and dose the rest into ice cube trays, ready to be buzzed up at a moment’s notice.
MEAN GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 12 ounces almond milk
- 6 pitted dates (quartered)
- 3 stalks celery (coarsely chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 small Granny Smith apple (cored and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 English or hothouse cucumber (quartered)
- 1/2 avocado (pitted)
- 8 ounces ice
- 2 ounces kale (stem removed)
- Combine all ingredients in the carafe of a blender. Begin blending at the lowest speed and slowly accelerate until you achieve a vortex. Blend on medium for 1 minute, then increase the speed to high and blend for 1 more minute. Serve immediately or pour into ice cube trays and freeze for later.
Freeze leftover smoothies in ice trays: Remove from the tray, bag and label until ready to drink. Then just thaw overnight in the fridge or for an hour or so at room temperature (I like to fill a cup before my workout so its ready to drink afterwards).