This cake is a summer tradition in my house. Coating the pan with butter and sugar gives the cake a thick, crunchy crust.
Blueberry Pound Cake
Write a review
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened, plus 1 tablespoon for the pan
- 15 ounces (2 cups) sugar, plus 3 tablespoons for the pan
- 15 ounces (3 cups) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dry pint (10 ounces or about 2 cups) fresh blueberries
- Strawberries, optional for serving
- Whipped cream, optional for serving
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Heavily coat a tube bundt pan 1 tablespoon butter and 3 tablespoons sugar
- Whisk together 10 ounces (2 cups) all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the remaining butter and sugar together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. After all 4 eggs are in, add the vanilla extract and beat for 3 minutes until fluffy. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture and combine on low speed. Do not overbeat.
- Combine the blueberries with the remaining 5 ounces (1 cup) all-purpose flour in ziptop bag and shake. Fold berry mixture into batter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until probe thermometer comes out clean and registers 210 degrees F. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before depanning and cooling completely. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
ALTON BROWN https://altonbrown.com/