May I humbly suggest that you make a double batch of the tomato juice and freeze half of it as ice cubes? No one wants a watered down Bloody Mary. And I like to garnish mine with a Slim Jim stir-stick, but maybe that’s just me …
Bloody Mary 2.0
- 16 ounces tomato juice
- 4 ounces pickle brine
- 1.5 ounces clam juice
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 8 ounces vodka
- Celery bitters
- Stir the tomato juice together with the pickle juice, clam juice and lemon juice in a small pitcher. Add the Worcestershire, horseradish, hot sauce and coffee crystals and stir until the coffee dissolves.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Pour the vodka into 4 highball glasses filled with ice fill the remainder with the tomato mixture. Top with celery bitters just before serving.
Celery bitters are available at better liquor stores and, of course, on the interwebs.