I love scrambled eggs in the morning. And if your mornings are anything like mine, you might want to give this recipe a try. It comes together in about two minutes and cooks in 20 seconds. Enjoy.
20 Second Scrambled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons harissa paste (see note below)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- Big dash of hot sauce
- Dash of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1-2 tablespoons feta cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste (optional)
- Dump everything but the butter into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Heat a 10-inch, nonstick skillet over high heat until a drop of water “hovers” on the surface of the pan when dropped in.
- Add the butter. As soon as it stops sizzling, kill heat.
- Pour 1/3 of the egg mixture into the pan. Count to 10.
- Gently stir with a rubber spatula while counting to 10 yet again.
- Immediately turn out and serve.
- Optional: Top with feta or cheese of your choice.
Harissa paste is a North African specialty composed of chiles, garlic and spices. It’s amazingly versatile and hearts eggs all day long.