ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 3 limes, juiced and strained
- 4 (1-pound) papayas, peeled, seeded, and small diced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1 cup raspberries or blackberries
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced candied ginger
Combine the sugar and water in a 2-quart saucepan, and cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
Pour the sugar mixture into a bowl containing the lemon and lime juice. Add the papaya and fresh mint, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Place the papaya mixture into each serving bowl. In the center, place a spoonful of berries and top with candied ginger and lemon zest.