Lasagna Noodle Kugel
ACTIVE TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 35 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 8 ounces (9 to 10 noodles) lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly, and divided
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
Cook the noodles to al dente according to the package directions and drain. Place the noodles in a single layer on a cutting board and use a pizza cutter to slice into 1-inch wide strips. Toss the noodles and 1 tablespoon of the butter together in a medium bowl.
Puree the remaining butter, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, 1/3 cup of the sugar, vanilla, and salt in a blender until thoroughly combined, 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the noodles, add the apricots and raisins, and stir to combine. Transfer the noodle mixture to the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the nutmeg. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until the pudding is set, slightly puffed, and golden around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.