Citrus Marinated Olives
Photo by Lynne Calamia
ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 days 15 minutes
Yield: 1 pound
- 1 pound large green olives, with pits
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
Drain the olives of any brine and rinse thoroughly with cool water. Cover in cool water and allow to soak for at least 5 minutes and up to 5 hours.
In a 1 to 1 1/2-quart container, combine the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, red pepper flakes, tarragon, and curry powder. Add the olives and stir or shake to combine. Make sure the olives are submerged in the marinade.
Allow to sit in a cool, dry place for 1 day. Place in the refrigerator for another day or 2 before serving.