As much as we Americans love to dip things, it’s sheer madness not to make our own. This is probably my favorite dip of all time. And I hate to admit that when it’s cold and stiff, I sometimes make sandwiches out of it. Don’t judge me!
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 5- ounce box frozen spinach
- 1 9- ounce box frozen artichoke hearts (see note)
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the spinach, artichokes and water in a 2-quart saucepan over high heat. Cook just until the vegetables are heated through. Drain and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
- Heat the cream cheese in a microwave oven for 1 minute, or until hot and soft. Add the drained spinach and artichokes as well as the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and serve hot.
You can also use jarred or canned artichokes but if you do you’ll want to cut the water by half.