As much as we Americans love to dip things, it’s sheer madness not to make our own. This easy, cheesy, and warm spinach and artichoke variety is probably my favorite dip of all time. And I hate to admit that when it’s cold and stiff, I sometimes make sandwiches out of it. Don’t judge me!
You can also use jarred or canned artichokes for this, but if you do, you’ll want to cut the water by half.
This recipe first appeared in Season 6 of Good Eats.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 (9-ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) box cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the spinach, artichokes, and water in a 2-quart saucepan over high heat. Cook just until the vegetables are heated through. Drain and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Add the cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until hot and soft. Add the drained spinach and artichokes and all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and serve hot.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes