Serve this dip with chips or crackers, or use it to thicken chicken or fish stock for a delightful soup.
- 12 ounces shelled edamame (cooked and cooled)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon brown miso paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus additional if desired)
- 1 teaspoon red chile paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the edamame, onion, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, miso paste, salt, chile paste and pepper in a food processor and process for 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula then process for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- While the processor is running, slowly drizzle in the oil until fully integrated. Scrape down the bowl again, then process for another 5 to 10 seconds. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- The dip can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.